Thursday, December 3, 2009

Update from Garnet Media



I have been very busy doing photography and writing work, and while I have done some picture research work and sold some stock images too in the last few months, I am enjoying focusing on my personal work a bit.

Read my blog here to see more of my work and what I have been up to, and why this Garnet Media blog has been rather quiet for a while.

On the stock photography side, my news is: People do still pay for images.

If you have images people need that are of good quality and are of subjects not found on every microstock site out there, or on free stock imagery sites, AND they know how to contact you, you can still sell images.

The last few images I sold are of specific places, here are two examples: the one to the left is of the Castle of Good Hope in Cape Town (for an in-flight mag) and the picture above is of a church in Swellendam, sold for use in a coffee table book.....
Maryann Shaw